The use of eyelash extensions has been increasingly trending as time goes by. Without a doubt, it is a unique and very bold alternative to give more liveliness and power to the look, since they lengthen and intensify the eyes.
This technique, despite sounding simple, brings its complications and risks with it, so it is essential that said placement procedure be performed in a beauty salon or with someone who has experience working in the execution of it.
It must be remembered that its maintenance requires continuous care, since as the hair grows it will gradually push the artificial hair superimposed on the eye, being this the main reason that makes its users remove the rest of the hair using their own methods, as they do not want to show off the eye with unkempt and battered eyelashes.
In the same way, we must remember that there are different types of eyelash extensions, so each one has a specific form or method to be eliminated without leaving any trace or evidence of having been there. Nevertheless, the safest option is to go to a beauty center with specialists who perform the correct removal of eyelashes and the proper cleaning of your eyes while taking care of your natural eyelashes.
In the case you do not have for it, here we bring various methods to perform them at home in the safest and most careful ways.
There are several effective methods that can be useful for removing eyelash extensions, such as using a make-up remover as follows:
– Pass a piece of cotton moistened with the make-up remover over the eyelashes until they are wet and, then, give them a gentle pull so that they could be detached. In case it is still complicated to remove them, you can moisten them more until they leave with total ease.
– Another method is that, instead of make-up remover, you can use some type of oil. This is a substance that makes artificial hair more easily detached from the root of the natural hair, an area where it is important to wet it well since there is where the glue that holds the eyelashes is located. It is expected that, by using natural oils, you can both loosen the glue and moisturize the natural hair and the skin at the same time.
– In the same way, you can use Vaseline to remove the extensions by applying it above the surface of the eye, focusing mainly on the root in order to weaken the glue and facilitate the work of removing the extensions. This product cannot be dried over the eye as it can be counterproductive.
To remove glue from eyelash extensions, other practical methods can be done at home. This product often causes discomfort if it cannot be completely eliminated from your eye due to how strong and consistent it is. Among the methods are the following: Steam and oil treatment.
– To start the treatment, it is necessary to previously remove the makeup that you have applied there on the eyes. The next thing you should do is to prepare a steam facial bath. In this step, you must boil the water and place it in a container, you can add essential oils of the fragrances that you like the most, like lavender, mint, etc. to make it more relaxing.
– Once you have the water ready, you can carry out the steam bath. Here, you have to approach the face to the container with the boiling water and cover your head with a towel, this process must be done for at least 10 or 15 minutes so that the glue softens and can facilitate its removal.
The next thing to do will be is to wet a piece of cotton with olive oil and rub it around the surface of the eye, specifically on the eyelids and on the eyelash extensions so that they can detach more easily from the root.
You must prevent this product from falling into the inner part of the eye since it can cause great discomfort. Likewise, if you observe an unfavorable reaction, you should stop the treatment right away. The last step to perform in this method is to clean the face with a mild cleanser that works to remove the remaining oil around the eye. Finally, just rinse your face with warm water and apply a moisturizer. So, if you are aware of the fact that eyelashes are a very important part of any look and you love putting on extensions but you do not have the necessary time to carry out all the processes that this implies, the information in this article is perfect for you. Follow the steps described above and stop wondering “How can I remove eyelash extensions at home?”